Frugal Family Fun: Big Book Of How Review

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big Book Of How Review

I have a very curious little 6 year old on my hands! She is constantly asking questions to learn more about the world around her!! I try my best to answer them all, but mom only knows so much!!! I often turn to books or good ol' Google to help find the answers I don't know! I like to find educational books that are interesting but still teach you something!! A recent find of mine was "The Big Book Of How", from Time Home Entertainment!  This great books answers questions on a HUGE range of topics, all in words kids can understand! It makes learning fun!!  

The 192-page book, packed with vivid illustrations and comprehensive reporting, helps kids ages 8 and up discover the answers to questions such as: How does a chameleon change colors? How was Mount Rushmore built? How to stay safe during an earthquake? How do you build a spaghetti bridge? How do diamonds form? How does an iceberg form? How do astronauts train for a space mission? How does a lock work? How does popcorn pop? Detailed explanations, more than 200 colorful photos and diagrams, and over 20 “How to” activities help to educate and engage young readers.

My daughter thought this was about the coolest thing on earth!! When I gave it to her we spent about a half an hour browsing the pages and reading the ones that caught her eye. Some of our favorites included learning about tornadoes, Mount Rushmore, and all sorts of animals! The photos are great and everything is explained really well! I love that they broke the book into chapters by topic, so you can check out specific things like sports, natural disasters and more!  The book is an endless source of great knowledge!!

The book is available now for $19.95-and even less if you shop around!!  It is recommend for ages 8 and up, but my 6 year old really enjoyed it! She can read but still needed just a little help with the bigger words.  This book is a must have for any child who loves to learn!!   Check it out today!!

I was not compensated for this post. I was given a copy of the book to review on my blog. I was not obligated to give a positive review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure to include your email in at least the first comment!!

Swagbucks!