Frugal Family Fun: Barkonomics:Tips for Frugal Fidos Book Review

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Barkonomics:Tips for Frugal Fidos Book Review


I love my dog.  He is seriously part of our family!  What would I do without him? I ask myself this now, but when my husband wanted to get the dog I was less than enthusiastic.  Dogs are expensive!  Vet bills, registration, food, toys....the list goes on and on.  Where can we go to find a way to take care of our furry friends without breaking the bank? For a frugal mama like me, this was an important question to answer!

I came across Barkonomics: tips for frugal fidos. This book has so many wonderful tips on where to get your pet supplies for less, how to save on adoption fees, vet fees and so much more!! I learned a lot that I didn't know before! You can get your pet's medications at the drug store, instead of paying the more expensive vet prices!  In some areas (including mine!) you get a discounted registration price when you have your dog spayed or neutered.  And of course it is so much cheaper to obtain a dog from a local shelter than to purchase a pure breed dog or even one at a pet store. And a bonus-a lot of shelters these days micro chip your pet, making it easy to identify your dog and contact you should it run away.


Barkonomics is organized into different chapters, and in the table of contents each chapter has a list of some of the types of tips for each category.  This makes it super quick and easy to find a quick tip whenever you need it! The authors Paris Permenter and John Bigley, did a wonderful job of carefully explaining the best process for choosing your dog, feeding it, caring for it and more, all with frugal living in mind!!

Paris and John love their dogs, and even have their own website, dogtipper.com.  This website is a great place to find dog tips, and to help you live a more frugal life with your Fido!  There are even great giveaways!!☺ There is a lot to see so make sure you stop by dogtipper.com to check it out!  Also find them on Twitter @DogTipper and click here for their Facebook page! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com and the Tomoson weekly featured sponsor Favorite Wigs - Shop Name Brand Wigs at Low Prices! Large Wig Selection of Forever Young Wigs, and other Quality Wigs. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure to include your email in at least the first comment!!

Swagbucks!